- A list of topics for bachelor theses is announced twice per semester at this site.
- At each date, a maximum of 15 topics will be assigned. The list of topics will be published about 4 weeks before the assignment date.
- The binding assignment of the topics takes place at the beginning and in the middle of the semester. Date and place of assignment are announced in time at this site.
- A prerequisite for the assignment of a bachelor thesis is the completion of the course “Management in Emerging Markets”.
- To apply for a topic, interested students have to fill out the Bachelor Thesis Application form (see below), which has to be sent at least 3 working days before the assignment date to Dr. Tassilo Schuster.
- Students can apply for a maximum of 5 topics. In case that more than one student is interested in the same topic, the decision is based on the grade for the course “Management in Emerging Markets”.
After the assignment of the topic has taken place, the student has to submit a proposal to the advisor, consisting of 2 pages. The proposal should outline the research question(s), objective(s), structure, planned methodology, and expected contribution to knowledge. This orientation phase is supposed to be completed within two weeks. Subsequently, we provide a written feedback on the submitted exposé (1 week). After this feedback phase, we will register the bachelor thesis at the examination office, which represents the starting point of the working phase (9 weeks).
A “Projektarbeit” is considered equivalent to a bachelor thesis.
At the assignment date, students have to be present in person.
Interested students that have proof that they are not able to attend the assignment date because they are studying abroad should contact Dr. Tassilo Schuster in advance.
Winter Term 2017/18
1. Assignment: 25.10.2017, 15:30-17:00, LG 5.212
2. Assignment: 06.12.2017, 15:30-17:00, LG 5.212
Summer Term 2018
1. Assignment: 02.05.2018, 15:30-17:00, LG 5.212
2. Assignment: 14.06.2018, 15:30-17:00, LG 5.212
All members of the department – please see the list of topics for reference.
- Guidelines on Academic Writing - Updated December 2016 (215.53 KB)
- Handout (681.82 KB)
- List of Thesis Topics - Updated September 2017 (83.34 KB)
The password for the handout is exclusively announced on the assignment date.