- A list of topics for master theses is announced twice per semester at this site.
- At each date, a maximum of 15 topics will be assigned. The list of topics will be published about 4 weeks before the assignment date.
- The topics are related to the research interests of the members of the department. Individual topics will be supported if they cover the department’s research areas. The topics have to be coordinated and fixed early enough with the respective assistant. Further information on each topic can be obtained from the respective advisor at their contact hour. Reservations for specific topics are not possible.
- The binding assignment of the topics takes place at the beginning and in the middle of the semester. Date and place of assignment are announced in time at this site.
- As a prerequisite for the assignment of a master thesis, students must have successfully passed the seminar “Fortgeschrittene Methoden der Managementforschung IV/Advanced Methods of Management Research IV” with a result of 2.7 or better. In the case that more than one student is interested in the same topic, the decision is based on the result of this course.
- To apply for a topic, interested students have to fill out the Master Thesis Application form (see below), which has to be sent at least 3 working days before the assignment date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After the assignment of the topic has taken place, the student has to submit a proposal to the advisor, consisting of 3-5 pages. The proposal should outline the research question(s), objective(s), structure, planned methodology, and expected contribution to knowledge. This orientation phase is supposed to be completed within 4 weeks. Subsequently, we provide a written feedback on the submitted exposé (1 week). After this feedback phase, we will register the master thesis at the examination office, which represents the starting point of the working phase (6 months).
- If any questions come up during the writing of the thesis, it is recommended to contact the advisor, especially if these questions cover fundamental aspects of methodology and content.
At the assignment date, students have to be present in person.
Interested students that have proof that they are not able to attend the assignment date because they are studying abroad should contact Dr. Tassilo Schuster in advance.
Winter Term 2017/18
1. Assignment: 25.10.2017, 14:00-15:30, LG 5.212
2. Assignment: 06.12.2017, 14:00-15:30, LG 5.212
Summer Term 2018
1. Assignment: 02.05.2018, 14:00-15:30, LG 5.212
2. Assignment: 14.06.2018, 14:00-15:30, LG 5.212
All members of the department – please see the list of topics for reference.
- Application Form - Master Thesis - please use right mouse click --> "save as ..." (1.03 MB)
- Guidelines on Academic Writing - Updated December 2016 (215.53 KB)
- Handout - Master Thesis (268.33 KB)
- List of Thesis Topics - Updated November 2017 (26.80 KB)
The password for the handout is exclusively announced on the assignment date.